Level measurement in the condensate-feedwater-tank
In a condensate return tank of a steam supply water levels have to be maintained within a certain Min / Max range.
Usually conductive rod probes are used for this measurement task.
Because of the low conductivity of the condensate, this measurement method always create difficulties.
A hydrostatic measurement is also not recommended, as there is always a slight overpressure in the boiler.
The process data
- Contents: condensed water
- Container: horizontal cylindrical tank
- Temperature: 90 ° C
- Process connection: flange or thread
An interesting alternative is the capacitive rod probe FMI 51. The DK-value of teh condensate is over 50 and therefore makes no problems. The probe may e.g. be mounted on an existing flange, any existing neck tube can be cleared using an inactive length.
Even in an existing bypass tube the probe could be installed – it only needs be fully washed with water.
The output 4-20 mA signal can be easily evaluated using the process indicator DPA in order to realize the feeding.
- Quick and easy installation
- Temperature stability up to 200 ° C
- Pressure resistant -1 …. +100 bar
- Continuous measurement without dead zone, (thus the tank can be completely filled)
- Also suitable for hygienic applications
- For critical applications is a mass pipe available